Time to Conquer 2021!!
Updated: Jan 9, 2021
Time to Conquer!!
Here's how you will conquer 2021!
2020 was hard on all of us, but I like to say that 2019 was my 2020. It was my first year living abroad in Argentina and NOTHING had gone as plan.
My living situation was crap, my family was super pissed that I moved, I missed my childhood best friend's wedding, and I didn't have a steady income to keep food on the table. I felt like a failure and like I may have made a terrible mistake by relocating so abruptly. But instead of letting this thought define me, I decided to give it everything I had, and eventually, the universe/ God stepped in with an assist, rewarding me for staying the course.
I had made a decision to leave Argentina in February to move back home, changed my mind, and ended up staying in March, and then corona happened. I was stuck for a while... "helping/forcing" me to make a final decision to stay.
From all the bricks I had laid in 2019, I was finally able to see the formation of a foundation in 2020.
I put away more in my savings account than I ever had, paid back a debt that seemed so far fetched in the past, moved into an apartment that checked off everything on my wish list, and my damaged family life had finally started to smooth over. Everything seemed to be coming together even though the world was falling apart.
I'm here to tell you to keep going. Even if it feels impossible to pick yourself back up from where you fell. Even if you had a terrible year in 2020. Even if you feel like you're in a hole so deep you can't see the light, you still have a 100% chance of turning it around. The odds are best if you continue to push yourself even when the going gets tough. Even if you can only push yourself a little bit on certain days, still push with that little bit that you have.
Here some tips that helped me persevere during one of the hardest times I've experienced.
1. Constantly wrote out my goals and wrote about how I was feeling. The more that you write your goals, the more you'll subconsciously and consciously align your life to meet them. The more you write about how you feel and put your thoughts on paper, the less it will consume your brain.
2. Found freelance jobs on Upwork to not only e x p a n d my skills but also help me gain experience in what I actually love doing. In my case, this was social media content creating and writing! Being able to get paid for what I enjoyed and learning about subjects that interested me, provided me with purpose.
If you want more info on how to get freelance jobs on Upwork, check out this blog post I wrote not too long ago.
3. Stayed in touch with close friends. My friends were always there to support me no matter the decision I made. When I would consider moving back home, they would support me with that. When I would decide to stay they would also support me. Your friends can be the persuading type or they can be the supporting type, but whoever they are, make sure they understand you and what you need in a friend.
4. Taught yoga virtually to friends back home. Even if I didn't want to workout, having some paid workouts on my weekly schedule kept my head on straight. Plus the benefits of taking care of my mind, and helping others to do the same made me feel better each time I taught.
Teaching our beloved skills to others motivates us to lean into our passions.
I believe that 2021 will be a year of using what we love to be of service to others as well as another form of earning income.
On another note, find a way to make sure you're exercising. Whether it's yoga, running, at-home weights, biking, or what have you, movement is key to staying motivated in life. The effects that it has on your mood is unmatched.
5. Eating mostly vegetarian. My eating habits saved me from getting sick at any point in 2019 and 2020. I know that if I were to eat badly and get sick at any point in 2019, I would have been DONE. So my healthy habits saved me from illness, which would inevitably bring me down both physically and mentally.
Different strokes work for different folks, but this is how I saved myself from going down a downward spiral.
I want to inspire YOU and provide you with the hope that even through rough years globally you can still have one of the best years of your life.
If you're interested in reading more about my story, check out my ebook What Are You Doing In Argentina? You can download it on amazon.com and read it on the kindle app!
I hope you have a wonderful year and even with all that's going on, you WILL still conquer!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram here.